Wednesday 11 April 2012

Drawing Eyeliner on with a Sharpie


I was going to post a review for Collection 2000’s signature Fast Stroke Eyeliner as I do have one scrawled in a notebook somewhere. However, I can’t photograph it because I forgot to bring it with me and pen eyeliners seem to be appearing everywhere at the moment, and I am a bit in love with mine.

I bought this a couple of months ago after seeing someone else talk about the new style; knowing that pencil eyeliner has always been easier for me to apply (despite the fact I rarely wear it) I thought this could be a useful purchase. I picked up the Collection 2000 one just because I wanted to check I liked the style before I committed to a more expensive purchase. It’s called EXTREME: 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I think they had various colours but the shade for this one is presumably just black. It’s just £2.99 and is now every bit as staple in my makeup bag as liquid eyeliner.

It has a felt-tip nib which is about a centimetre long; the base is very sturdy but the top is slightly more flexible.  The best part of this nib is that drawing flicks at the corner of your eye can be done with so much more precision because it cannot split or bend like a brush can. The resulting look is very similar to wearing liquid eyeliner but feels much lighter, and the product is very fast drying. The other benefit is that if you find put liquid eyeliner on your lower lid to be a bit taxing, applying it using this pen is a lot easier. It’s also worth noting that the claim that it is a ’24 Hour Product’ isn’t completely unfounded; it doesn’t crack and is a lot harder to smudge than other liquid eyeliners, the only downside of this is that it’s a lot harder to cover up if you make a mistake whilst using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment