Monday 18 February 2013

my postman says I get too much mail.

I have now had a conversation with my postman 3 times where he tells me I get too much mail. It's a really awkward conversation cos I've no idea how to respond to that. I don't think I get that much, maybe in my street people average 1 letter a year. It is Stoke, maybe people don't know how to read (I JOKE).


CClub is one letter a month with a randomly assigned blogger penpal. If you've not heard about it before you can read my previous posts here and here. The CClub underwent a few changes and for the period of October – December I had the same partner. My letter-writing hum for these 3 months was a lovely girl called Carrie who runs the blog petalbypetal.


I couldn't for the life of me remember what the theme for October was, but luckily Nnenna who runs the club does a round up post on her blog that did mention the theme was ‘Fall Favourites’. From what I remember my letter involved me mainly laughing at the world fall and complaining that we weren't having a particularly nice fall as it was raining a ridiculous amount. I sent some earrings and a Halloween dib-dab as that probably is my favourite thing about autumn. Carrie sent me some little packages of macadamia nuts and sweeties.

For November the theme was 'Thanks for the Little Things' after Nnenna’s hometown was hit by hurricane sandy. I am super thankful for a bunch of stuff, especially for where I live and the experiences it affords me, and ended up getting a little stationary set depicting English landmarks. Carrie send me a cute bracelet which, apologies, I forgot to photograph.




When we got to December there was only one obvious theme ‘Holiday Cheer’. Carrie was lovely and sent me a huge parcel of macadamia nuts after I declared that I had been on a quest since returning from New York to find somewhere in the UK that sold sweetened nuts of any kind for a reasonable price. (I still haven’t found any, help anyone?). I also loved her Hawaiian Christmas card which pictured a very bright Santa eating a snow cone. To reciprocate I sent her the wintery-est card I could. Along with some Cadbury’s (cos America uses a different receipt to the UK – crazy) and some cute page breaks as she is doing a library-science degree.

If you want to join in the next partner switch over is April, but you can sign up in advance if you want.

2 comments:

  1. It so lovely to see the three months in review like this! Carrie is so sweet and I'm glad you enjoyed being her partner :) Thanks for such a wonderful post!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great items :) I love macadamia nuts :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete