Friday 23 August 2013

Five Favourites

Hello All, I thought I'd just pop up a quick post to prove that I am still around. Hopefully it should be shortly followed by a post explaining where I've been for those who are interested! I realized that in the time I've gone without blogging there had been a selection of products I'd begun coveting and I thought I'd share with you the top five:


Jergens Original Beauty Lotion – 200ml / £3.49
There are 3 moisturizers in the Jergens everyday collection and this one, Cherry Almond, smells absolutely divine, to the extent that I a little bit want to eat it. I’m almost at the end of my first tube and as of yet I've resisted that desire. As a moisturizer to slather on daily I think it’s a tad too expensive and I’ll be sticking to my regular Dove products, but I’ll definitely be keeping a bottle of this in stock for night-out prep or night in pampering.

Maybelline Eye StudioGel Liner - £7.99 (All Maybelline make-up is currently on 3 for 2)
I have a full post on this coming up soon because it’s actually phenomenal. If you haven’t already tried out gel eyeliner you should defiantly give it a shot. It comes with a little applicator brush which is surprisingly nice for a freebie and the liner applies smooth and has staying power like no other.

Revlon Just BittenKissable Balm Stain Red - £7.99 (2 for £10 at Boots and Superdrug)
I won’t say too much about this as the Revlon Balm Stains were everywhere when they first came out, I am definitely not over them and the Red is my absolute favourite. I reach for this regularly as it's such a good quality product and the colour is so versatile. 

This is another one I'll be doing a full post on soon as my love for Sleek is growing. The colours are so pigmented, but despite this they look fantastic on pale skin and are super easy to blend. My absolute favourite is the orange-toned one, a colour I would never have otherwise thought to try.

Barry M Nail Paint(in Lychee & Grey) - £3.99 (Currently 2 for £6 at Superdrug)
I’m a self-proclaimed nail varnish lover, but it took me a while to jump on board the Barry M Gelly trend. I thought I would give it a try as I wanted something that wouldn't require a lot of touch-ups whilst I was travelling. I am now 100% sold on it; Lychee is actually the most beautiful colour and the consistency and coverage is excellent. It only takes two coats to reach opacity and I can usually stretch the wear to about 4-5 days as opposed to the usual 3. Honorable mention also goes to the regular polish in Grey which is a colour I will be wearing a lot in Autumn.

Also, I'm aware this technically makes it six things, but how adorable is the little cat make-up bag that I just picked up from Primark? I think it only set me back about £3 and it stores a surprising amount.

What are your current top 5 products? If you've done a recent favourites post I'd love the link...


       

No comments:

Post a Comment